Bench Press: 3×3 @ 85% of 1RM
Snatch: 5×3 @ 3RM
This is our last strength day before our 1RM re-tests next week! Hopefully over the last 7 weeks we have gotten more comfortable with the snatch, power snatch, bench press and thruster and will be able to turn that new-found confidence into a new 1RM!
We all make New Years resolutions and we often make the same resolutions every year. We want you to attain this year’s goal and move onto something bigger and better next year. Most resolutions focus on appetite, health, and sense of well-being. Hydration plays a huge part in success in all three of these areas!
Here are 17 reasons to stay hydrated in the coming year:
1. Being hydrated improves your mood.
2. Most people confuse dehydration with hunger: Curb your appetite by keeping your body hydrated.
3. Dry joints are bad joints: A hydrated body keeps cartilage soft and working properly.
4. Dehydration is the biggest contributor to daytime fatigue.
5. Good hydration improves circulation.
6. Dehydration is the #1 reason for headaches.
7. A body that is functioning at 3% dehydration has a decreased cardio output of 20%.
8. Hydration aids in the body’s absorption of nutrients.
9. A body that is functioning at 1% dehydration has a decreased worker productivity of 12%.
10. Hydration reduces colon cancer by 45%.
11. A body that is functioning at 3% dehydration has a decreased reaction time of 17%.
12. Hydration prevents constipation.
13. Drinking water improves brain function.
14. Hydration prevents muscle fatigue.
15. A hydrated body has an easier time removing waste from the GI tract.
16. Drinking water is great for the skin and creates a healthy glow.
17. Electrolytes shuttle water to your cells to optimize your hydration.