Our 5RM Week
We had some incredible 1RM test numbers to kickstart our new strength cycle last week. We’ll now take a crack at our 5RM numbers this week!
Items for the week…
- Rave reviews about Saturday’s Guts Poker! A nice little change from our usual weekend workouts. If you missed it this time, hope you give it a shot next time.
- We will test our 5RM front squat (Monday), hang power clean (Wednesday), and back squat (Friday) this week.
- Your 5RM is approximately 85-87% or your 1RM, as a guide.
- Our FIT360 classes are Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30pm. The workouts for these classes are listed on those days.
- Registration for 13’s Fittest 2023 is open … find your partner and register! Spots are limited.
NOTE: when available, we are going to be linking the movements in our weekly workouts to a Youtube video as a refresher of the exercise.
front squat: 5RM
Last done on 07/21/22.
max wall balls (20/14)
… E2MOM 5 deadlifts (60% of 1RM)
250m row (90% effort)
7 presses (55% of 1RM press)
7 push press (55% of 1RM press)
7 push jerks (55% of 1RM press)
20 calorie row
15 air squats
10 ring rows
5 box jump overs
hang power clean: 5RM
Last done on 02/25/22.
10 mb cleans (24/20)
10 burpee box jump overs (24/20)
10 russian swings (70/53)
21-15-9 kb thrusters (35/26)
21-15-9 strict pull-ups
10 single-arm overhead walking kb lunges (35/25; 2f1)
10 kb see-saw presses (35/26)
10 sit-ups (20/14)
back squat: 5RM
Last done on 07/18/22.
atomic sit-ups (25/15)
goblet squats (70/53)
9 box jumps (24/20)
21 lunges (non-working partner: squat hold)
15 push-ups (non-working partner: plank hold)
9 box jumps (24/20) (non-working partner: wall sit)
MIN 1: 6-12 burpee box jumps (20/16)
MIN 2: 10-14 kb snatches (53/35)
MIN 3: 2-4 wall walks