A Successful Happy Hour!
Thank you to each of you who came out on Thursday night! It was great to see so many faces, and do double takes as people walked through the door wearing street clothes, with make-up on, and hair done … and you had no idea who they were. Great times! Hope to see even more of you beautiful people at the next one!
Are you having trouble sleeping? Here are a few tips to consider before your bedtime routine tonight…
- Stick to a sleep schedule. Aim for consistency in not only how much sleep you’re getting but when you go to bed and when you wake up. Being consistent reinforces your body’s sleep-wake cycle.
- Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Don’t go to bed hungry, but avoid heavy stuffy foods as well. Also watch what you’re drinking. Coffee or nicotine can keep you up. And alcohol might make you feel sleepy, but does not provide a restful night sleep.
- Create a restful environment. Aim for a cool, dark, and quiet environment. And avoid use of blue light devices before bed that might reduce your melatonin.
- Limit daytime naps. If you enjoy a nap, but have trouble getting to bed, reducing or removing naps in favor of getting to bed earlier and sleeping more soundly can help.
- Get in your daily exercise. Regular physical activity can promote better sleep, as you will find you are more tired and in more need of sleep to re-charge. Getting outside for a walk can also help!
push press: 3×3 @ 80% of 3RM
5 strict handstand push-ups
10 front squats (45% of 1RM; from rig)
50 double unders
Every 3 minutes for 4 rounds
6-8 hand-release push-ups
10-12 jumping squats
1 minute rest
overhead squat: 3×3 @ 70% of 3RM
MIN 1: max alternating kb snatches (53/35)
MIN 2: max alternating 1-leg v-ups
MIN 3: max calorie row
MIN 4: rest
11-10-9-8-7 strict pull-ups (4 of 6)
21 thrusters (50% of 1RM)
3 rope climbs
15 thrusters (50% of 1RM)
2 rope climbs
9 thrusters (50% of 1RM)
1 rope climb
hang power clean: 3×3 @ 85% of 1RM
press: 3×3 @ 80% of 3RM